Re: Have Linux boot with eye-candy

Hi,
i have built packages for the bootsplash tools (no package for the patch
itself though. just download and apply the diff).
They are available on http://people.debian.org/~erich/boot/bootsplash/
and work fine on my notebook as well as my sisters.
I didn't get the bootsplash support of swsusp working though; but maybe
i just forgot applying that "connector" patch... ;)

No AA Text rendering yet (what text to use? that would require
modifications to the init scripts... i didn't build this fbtruetype tool
yet, but i probably is as easy as the rest) and no animations (packages
are built, but i don't have nice animations, i'm no artist. ;) )
Progress bar is working fine if you use the supplied rc.splash
(just change it in /etc/inittab)

You'll find a theme i built for Debian there, too.
It uses a really cool background made by  Alexis Younes (ayo),
http://www.73lab.com/  -- unfortunately i don't know if it is DFSG-free.
using the debian logos it probably isn't. ;)

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
    There was never a good war or a bad peace. - Benjamin Franklin   //\