Re: python 2.2 -> python 2.3 transition

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 04:27:31PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Am I the only one who has a disgusting reminiscence of netscape*.* packages
> > every time python* is mentioned? :P
> Actually I'm more reminded of the perl* packages and the complete mess
> that followed.

The really severe perl problems were mainly due to perl-base being
Essential. python doesn't have that burden. Meanwhile, perl and python
are pretty much in the same state now with the libperl5.x and python2.x
dependencies that all get bumped every now and then.

> And I keep expecting to see the same set of problems affect python.

Cheers,
aj

       ``Is this some kind of psych test?
                      Am I getting paid for this?''