Re: libraries being removed from the archive

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 01:07:42AM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> I'm not sure that current distcc in unstable can support such configuration,
> but it should be really easy to add this support. In fact, as far as I can
> remember, it is mentioned in distcc documentation that machines that run
> distcc and distccd may have different architecture.

"Unlike  other  distributed build systems, distcc distcc does not require
all machines to share a filesystem, or to have the same libraries or header
files installed.  distcc sends the  complete preprocessed source code across
the network for each job."

Sounds like it might work out of the box if you just exclude "localhost"
from DISTCC_HOSTS.

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228