Re: libraries being removed from the archive

Hi, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:

>> Guess how many hours it takes for the m68k buildd to rebuild
>> kdegraphics..... OVER 38 HOURS!
>
> By the way, isn't it a good time to rise up a discussion about package
> cross-compiling infrastructure?

Surprise, I was thinking about the same thing, yesterday. Basic idea:
mount the slow system's build chroot from the fast server, replace
gcc/g++/ld with scripts that call the server's version remotely. The
biggest problem will probably be (a) getting all those pathnames right.

I plan to play with the idea a bit once I get my Mac/68k running under
2.6. (I need strace to find a persistent chroot-environment problem. :-/ )

Hmm, if I bind-mount the real arch's /{lib,usr/{bin,lib}} on the server's
chroot, that'll be visible only on the server but not on the client, so a
chrooted cross-compiler should Just Work...

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
:bathtub curve: n. Common term for the curve (resembling an end-to-end