Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	I would be enthusiastically for a list like -legal, where
>  people can go and ask for help to have packages audited, but not for
>  people rolling up policy to beat people on the head to make it so.

Perhaps your confusion stems from me using a non-normative "should" in
the draft text of the proposal. Of course a policy "SHOULD" cannot
mandate developer behavior outside a package, as I alluded to in my very
first reply to you. If that's all you're objecting to, you've chosen a
really counterproductive way to do it, since you've merely managed to
piss off me and several other people who are actually interested in
doing some work.

Bear in mind that policy appropriates perfectly common and valid English
for its own uses, and this is very easy to stumble over when writing
proposals. I for one, have a history of stumbling over it multiple times
in the past, and I expect to continue to do so until policy is fixed
to use uppercased normative words or something like that.

--
see shy jo