Re: setgid crontab

On 03-Aug-03, 11:37 (CDT), Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> (As a user, what I really want is a .crontab file in my home directory,
> so I can put it under revision control.)

One potential problem (or issue) I see with this is automounted home
directories. A file that was there while the user was logged in and then
disappeared might not have the effect you want. Or it might - I can see
arguments both ways.

The fact that the installed copy isn't local doesn't prevent you from
using version control, although it does require more discipline. Or a
wrapper around crontab, or a wicked definition for "EDITOR".

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net