Re: debconf 2005 in Vienna, Austria

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 08:36:15PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > > I have coordinated some Free Software conferences in Mexico, and I know
> > > I can easily get some universities to host us. Mexico is quite a cheap
> > > country, so that would be a very good point for us.

> > Oh, by the sounds of how DebConf 3 went, I figured Tijuana would be the
> > first choice... ;)

> > Me, I'm not picky.  I'm in favor of conferences, wherever they're held.

> Tijuana?!

> Being curious... What would you expect to find in Tijuana?

> The cities along the border are the most ugly and insecure places in
> Mexico. I have only been to Nuevo Laredo once, and it scared me - And a
> friend from that area told me it is among the best :-/

Yes, Tijuana is a notorious destination for US college students seeking
to evade certain legal prohibitions in this country, chosen for its
proximity to the border.  Not a serious suggestion :) -- I'd much prefer
the conference to be held somewhere that would accomodate an
archaeological daytrip...

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer