Re: logging out a ssh-user

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 02:47:38PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> Hi, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > Because it is fixed in upstream CVS and I have not merged the patch into
> > the Debian package,
>
> If it's fixed in the next upstream release I would also set the Upstream
> tag.

The upstream tag is abused enough (especially by bug submitters) that it is
practically useless at this point.

> > or because I have other changes pending which are incomplete.
>
> Personally, I deal with that by cvs-or-whatever-ing a new working tree, or
> (for more complex changes) there's branching.

If I am in the process of completing some medium-to-large-scale
restructuring or something in my working directory, and someone reports a
bug with severity <= normal, I just merge in the fix and don't waste time
with multiple trees or anything else.  I would only bother with that sort of
thing for an important bug.  Branching, especially, is overkill for nearly
all situations, and a maintenance headache.

--
 - mdz