Re: update-alternatives priorities for editors

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:43:52PM +0200, Michael Piefel wrote:

> Okay, so when somebody is not able to set their EDITOR variable, isn't
> it quite safe to assume that they are not the people who are satisfied
> with vi as their editor?

It could also be that they are people who only ever uses vi and
therefore have no other editors installed on their systems.  Completely
excluding vi from the alternatives for editor isn't desparately helpful.
It may be wise to prefer other editors but that's a different matter.