Re: update-alternatives priorities for editors

Am 25.07.03 um 11:38:33 schrieb Andreas Metzler:
> No. see policy. sensible-editor is just for programs for which "it is
> very hard to adapt a program to make use of the EDITOR or PAGER
> variables"

Okay, so when somebody is not able to set their EDITOR variable, isn't
it quite safe to assume that they are not the people who are satisfied
with vi as their editor?

In summary: Someone said vi should be an alternative for editor, because
/usr/bin/editor is called from other programs; that suggested you can't
use vi then from there. Which isn't true, just set EDITOR. On my system,
/usr/bin/editor can be a dangling symlink, it never gets called.

Bye,
    Mike

--
|=| Michael Piefel