GPU fans (was: Re: Future releases of Debian)

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 12:02:09AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
| I was able to salvage the fan from the first and fix the
| second with it.  Just two weeks ago another newer video card fan
| died.  Wish I had a source for those thin pci card fans...

There's a computer shop near me that sells them, but since you probably
don't live in Perth, Australia that is unlikely to help you.

I have three Nvidia video cards that came with fans - 2 TNT2s and a
Geforce 4 - in various computers.  The TNT2 fans died after a few months
and the cards have been running fine for close to two years (?) with the
fans removed.  I removed the fan on the Geforce 4 to keep the noise
level down and it too seems to work fine.

Cameron.