Re: why mplayer not in Debian

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, A Mennucc1 wrote:
> In our packaging of mplayer there is a file debian/README.Debian.2
> that explain our study on the source of mplayer; and indeed in the
> e-mail [1] I clearly ask:
>> debian-legal: please read debian/README.Debian.2 in the source; do
>> you think that it is/isn't fit to go into Debian?

Junichi Uekawa asked for the contents of README.Debian.2 to go in
debian/copyright, where it belongs.

I asked about the mpeg2dec issue, as it wasn't included in the list of
files with problems in README.Debian.2.

Neither of us received a response.

You also probably don't want to modify the copyright statements in the
codebase itself. Let upstream deal with that, and just clarify the
license in the copyright file.

Don Armstrong

I'd never hurt another living thing.
But if I did...