Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 09:02:56PM -0400, David B Harris wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:16:01 +1000 Jepri <jepri@webone.com.au> wrote:
>
> > And also, it discouraged me from applying for new maintainer - I
> > figured if some people were waiting for two or three years I would
> > have no hope of getting in in less time.
>
> If you thought you needed to be an official maintainer to contribute
> to Debian in any meaningful way, I hope you will reconsider. That's
> simply not the case, and I can attest to it through personal
> experience.

While that is true, there are certain contributions (such as active
package maintainence) that require official maintainership or for the
contributor to constantly burden someone that is an official maintainer
to upload their packages.

--
Jamin W. Collins