Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:16:01 +1000
Jepri <jepri@webone.com.au> wrote:
> On 2003.07.14 08:26, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 05:15:49PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
>
> > Also that is but one of many people waiting on the list for an
> > excessive
> > amount of time, what about all the others?  Do you consider the wait
> > times listed as reasonable and to be expected?  As I believe I've made
> > very clear, I don't.
>

> And also, it discouraged me from applying for new maintainer - I
> figured if some people were waiting for two or three years I would have
> no hope of getting in in less time.

If you thought you needed to be an official maintainer to contribute to
Debian in any meaningful way, I hope you will reconsider. That's simply
not the case, and I can attest to it through personal experience.