Re: Kernel question: initrd/cramfs

Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:

> Why are you trying to use initrd anyway? It's much easier to build
> the drivers into the kernel.

	Now, I must agree with that.

	At the begining, it looked as a good idea to compile one kernel which
can be used on scsi and ide systems, etc. Strong additional reason was
that the kernels provided by Debian were of that type, and I wanted to
be close to the standard. It fitted nicely into FAI installation as well.

	However, it looks like initrd/cramfs is not yet stable enough, and
building a number of different kernels for different architectures might
be simpler solution for my needs at the moment.

	Thanks a lot for the hint.

--- Nenad.