Re: Kernel question: initrd/cramfs

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:42, Nenad Antonic wrote:
> 	However, it looks like initrd/cramfs is not yet stable enough, and
> building a number of different kernels for different architectures might
> be simpler solution for my needs at the moment.

The main problem with the initrd is that it is very difficult to build one
that doesn't exactly match your existing system.

So if you have a running machine with one hard drive and you want to add
another and make it use software RAID, or if you want to convert to devfs
then things will be quite painful for you as the initrd will want to work in
the old way.