Re: eicar.com installer in Debian, and pre-upload interface to ftpmaster

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 10:14:10AM +0200, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Debugging anti-virus software should be done by the maintainers thereof.
> Why would a user need this?

i used it many times, for example to find out which archives are checked and
which not. In fact I even already wrote bugs for AV scan software because it
did not recognized eicar signature inside archives, which where announced.
#155485 is such an example.

Thomas, actually I wonder if you talk about Linux or Debian, or if you
confuse this with commercial windows packages, which can only be debugged by
their vendor.

Greetings
Bernd
--