Re: eicar.com installer in Debian, and pre-upload interface to ftpmaster

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 04:51:49PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> In the past years, I have found it annoying that the eicar anti-virus
> testfile is not available as aptable Debian package.

Why is this annoying? The virus cannot be detected without it?

> I find it disturbingly impolite to say "sorry, we don't want your
> volunteer work" _after_ the work has been done. Especially if it is done
> in Mr. Troup's usual "why did you bother me in the first place, mere
> mortal" style.

Frankly, with this particular one, I entirely fail to see why you ignore
several perfectly valid reasons laid out in the reasonably polite (if a bit
dazzled) rejection notice and go off ranting instead.

(I don't want to quote them without permission.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.