Re: Debian menu encoding support

#include <hallo.h>
* Morten Brix Pedersen [Sat, Jul 05 2003, 01:49:38AM]:

> > Now, you force every maintainer to update the menu entries for
> > localisation, when will be the next time to change them again? Why
> > cannot you just recognize that the Free Desktop format is superior and
> > invest your manpower into tools for smooth transition to it?
>
> Either you are trolling, or you don't know what you're talking about.
>
> There is nothing wrong with this change. It's just an improvement of our
> current _working_ menu system, enabling localized Debian menu section

It is not wrong. It is just wasted manpower, looking at the long-term
changes.

> Is it so bad that he (and me, and others) are working on delivering a
> slightly improved menu system for sarge?

Sarge (IMHO) won't be released before the middle of 2004. Is that not
enough time to develop and integrate a new menu system?

MfG,
Eduard.
--
<weaselTM> aber /me wollte ins bett. nacht
<cw80> hehe, morgen channel, nacht weasel ;)