Re: Re: Gnome2 in sarge

ON 2003-07-03 at 07:05, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Zheng XiaoJun <xiaojun@citiz.net> a tapoté :
>
> > On 2003-07-03 at 00:21ï¼ Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> > > I didn't see any noise in debian-devel about the half upgrade to gnome2
> > > in sarge, was it an accident? and now, will the other packages be
> > > upgraded also or I'll still have a half gnome2 desktop in sarge?
> > >
> > > i.e.: gnomeicu is still in the gnome1 version, but the gnome panel is
> > > gnome2, so gnomeicu applet doesn't work, which makes gnomeicu quote
> > > unusable (I have to use gaim now, but i prefer gnomeicu).
> > >
> > > []'s
> > >
> > > daniel
> > >

> > Many packages depended by gnome, including gnome-core, is still 1.4 in
> > sarge. That mean you can't install a entire gnome2 in sarge.
> > If you want to use gnome2, try upgrading to sid(unstable).
>

> If I correctly understood Daniel Ruoso message, he already knows that,
> he noticed it. He is apparently asking for an explanation, maybe for a
> schedule. He is apparently not especially looking for GNOME2 but just
> a complete GNOME, whatever its version.
>
> Will GNOME2 be soon completely available in Sarge? Is it a work in
> progress? Or is it an accident which no one cares about?

I am sorry for misunderstanding what Daniel Ruoso meant.

I desire a completed gnome2 in sarge as well.
But I don't think it's an accident -- just my own opinion:
I've searched some packages in  http://packages.debian.org/ ,  and found
that many packages involved still have too many bugs unfixed in sid, so
they can not enter sarge. most of these packages are still under
development,not delayed.  And the similar situation is happened in KDE3.
--
Zheng XiaoJun <xiaojun@citiz.net>