Re: Gnome2 in sarge

Zheng XiaoJun <xiaojun@citiz.net> a tapoté :

> On 2003-07-03 at 00:21ï¼? Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> > I didn't see any noise in debian-devel about the half upgrade to gnome2
> > in sarge, was it an accident? and now, will the other packages be
> > upgraded also or I'll still have a half gnome2 desktop in sarge?
> >
> > i.e.: gnomeicu is still in the gnome1 version, but the gnome panel is
> > gnome2, so gnomeicu applet doesn't work, which makes gnomeicu quote
> > unusable (I have to use gaim now, but i prefer gnomeicu).
> >
> > []'s
> >
> > daniel
> >

> Many packages depended by gnome, including gnome-core, is still 1.4 in
> sarge. That mean you can't install a entire gnome2 in sarge.
> If you want to use gnome2, try upgrading to sid(unstable).

If I correctly understood Daniel Ruoso message, he already knows that,
he noticed it. He is apparently asking for an explanation, maybe for a
schedule. He is apparently not especially looking for GNOME2 but just
a complete GNOME, whatever its version.

Will GNOME2 be soon completely available in Sarge? Is it a work in
progress? Or is it an accident which no one cares about?

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org