Re: Every spam is sacred, back the first message

Jesus Climent wrote:
> I do not want to relay the power to decide if my IP is an open relay or not
> into some elses hands. SpamAssassin is code that I can modify at will. RBLs
> have their own rules, and I cannot modify/influence them.

A DNSBL is like an opinion: "I believe this IP is running an open relay".
Opinions may not be modified, they are just shared or not shared.

You can also make your own opinion based on several different opinions,
if you use several DNSBLs at once.

If you don't trust a DNSBL which says "IP foo is running an open relay"
you can do the relay tests yourself, but in most cases it would be a
waste of time.

Similarly, I trust that the .deb's you upload match the sources you upload.
If I don't trust that, I can rebuild the packages myself, but in most
cases it would be a waste of time.

Frankly, I don't think there is so much difference between using a
DNSBL and running Debian. It's a matter of trust in both cases.