Re: Every spam is sacred

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:28:46 +0200, Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> said:

> Hi, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Santiago Vila:
>>> BTW, we are not talking about mailing lists.
>> That makes it worse, if mail targeted at me is blocked.

> We are also NOT talking about BLOCKING.

> *Sigh*.

rx1	It appears either you can not read, or you have a short
 memory. Allow me to refresh it:
 From: Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>
 Subject: Every spam is sacred

 How will we be able to discuss about DNS Blocking Lists in an objective
 way if they continue to put all the DNSBLs in the same bag? How can
 they say "no" to using some of them in /warn mode without (apparently)
 even having informed themselves about the way SBL and DSBL operate?

 Even if using SBL and DSBL would produce false positives (we could
 easily check this by using the /warn mode during a week or two), there
 is still a question that we should ask ourselves: How many avoided
 spam messages are required to match the value of one "false positive"?
 One thousand? One million?

	manoj
--
Il brilgue: les t^oves libricilleux Se gyrent et frillant dans le
guave, Enm^im'es sont les gougebosquex, Et le m^omerade