Re: Every spam is sacred

> > An example:
> > Last summer, I had to use AOL for a month. AOL at many regards could
> > be in list of bad ISP that do not care at all of spam (no answer by
> > abuse@aol... etc).
>
> I know for sure that AOL fights spam. They even sue some spammers from
> time to time. Go to their web site. It's very interesting.

AOL is a big company. Are you sure that they follow the same policy in
each country and they have made so for years? I'm not.

I remember in 2001 having sent several mails to abuse about a
well-known spammer here without any success within the same month,
without even getting an anwser like "we'll handle that issue". But if
you tell me the issue is over now, I trust you.
(the debate is not about AOL)

> > What if I had to report a bug about debian?  Creating an account
> > on yahoo instead of using debbugs.el in my favorite mail reader?
> > Working everyday on fencepost via ssh with a 56K modem to avoid
> > getting my mails refused because of my IP?
>
> You are missing the point because you don't know how DSBL works.
> Please go to http://dsbl.org and read about it.

Ok. I done what you asked.

First link, I can read

        "We're sorry. If you bothered coming to this page, you are
        probably an innocent mail user who's mail has bounced back
        with a message telling you to come to this site. We'll try to
        explain what's happened.

        [...]

        Please don't misunderstand; we're not implying that you send
        spam. The message that you received simply means that the
        administrator of your server either doesn't know, or has
        chosen to run an open relay or open proxy."

First link (<http://dsbl.org/sender>), disaprooval of what you said:
recognition of the fact that innocent people may be trapped by dsbl.

Now, same question one more time,

   What if -innocent people trapped by dsbl- had to report a bug about
   debian?  Creating an account on yahoo instead of using debbugs.el
   in their favorite mail reader?
   Working everyday on an another computer via ssh with a 56K modem to
   avoid getting mails refused because of their IP?

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org