Re: Every spam is sacred

Jesus Climent wrote:
> [ dsbl.org ]
> Read about it. Still do not like the idea of relaying the power to block some
> legitimate emails to someone else.

That's ok. I agree you have the right to receive all your spam, as far
as you concede the same right to me to *not* receive it.

That's what recipients_reject_except is for.

> > AOL's outgoing SMTP servers are not open relays.
>
> How can you be so sure about it?

Because if they were, AOL would be flooded by customers calls about
their legitimate emails being blocked by other ISPs using DNSBLs which
list open relays.

> [...]
> If after fighting during 6+ months to enter the debian project we
> are going to relay the power to decide if emails can reach some
> members of the project in some amateurs with unknown rules, i
> believe there is something defilitelly broken in the process.

a) Debian is mostly made by amateurs with unknown rules.

b) The final proposal is to let those who ask not to receive mail
from IPs listed in the DSBL via the recipients_reject_except variable.

If you mean you will not ask to not receive all your spam, that's
fine, but those who ask should be able to say "no" to all this crap,
without even having to filter it. That's a waste of resources and one
of the reasons why spam is bad, no matter how good your ultra-intelligent,
bayesian, IA or whatever filters might be.