Re: Every spam is sacred

BTW: Another reason why debian-admin said "no" to SBL and DSBL in
warning mode is that it would increase master's load.

The SBL FAQ says:

   Large ISPs or corporate mail services who would be likely to make over
   400,000 queries per day should use zone transfers to a local DNS
   server on your network. Zone transfers of the SBL are available free
   of charge (but are restricted to large users only), please contact us
   for information (stating clearly who you are and what type of network
   you run). The only restriction is that you can not redistribute the
   zone or its data under a different name (international organizations
   can however redistribute the zone to their subsidiaries).

If we decide to use the SBL in either warn mode or reject mode we could
request a zone transfer from them. We would probably qualify as a large ISP.

Similarly, DSBL offers their zone files by rsync:

rsync -v rsync.dsbl.org::dsbl

so we could also run this list in our own DNS server, if we wish.

In either case, if we really need more CPU resources to fight spam
effectively, we could well spend a few dollars on a new machine to
manage the debian.org MX.