Re: Packages file under version control

David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> writes:
> Fetching Packages.gz over modem is a pain in the arse.  Having it
> only rsync the changes would be so nice.

Exactly.

I use `testing' via a slow modem link, and I'd like to update frequently,
to keep individual updates as small as possible (testing does a
reasonable job of avoiding the `flurry of bug-fix releases' problem) --
but the huge Packages.gz file means that updates are _never_ small...

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche