Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 12:05:02AM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2003, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > > So let me get this straight.  Instead of a country where people are
> > > occasionally subject to bureaucratic hassles, (assuming Russell and
> > > Geordies' sources amount to anything more than innuendo which is not
> > > clear.) you would rather go to a place where the immigration policy
> > > consists of shooting people?
> >
> > And you do have proof of that claim, do you ? Or did you only gather
> > that from a bunch of James Bond movies ?
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
> >

> I could swear there are more examples but a very quick google search only
> turned up this[1] from 1993.  Perhaps now things have changed and now you
> only get shot for staying _in_ Cuba[2].

No more than you get shot by living in the US. I know people who have
been in cuba, and they report no such things, and they also don't just
stayed in the hotels.

The articles you mention was about people dying when trying to leave
their country to emigrate to the US. It was an isolatedact, even the US
official cited in the article told this, and still, are you sure it was
so or is it just desinformation ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther