Re: Debian conference in the US?

Russell Coker wrote:
On Sat, 24 May 2003 09:51, Alan Shutko wrote:

The citizens of the US have a little more power than the rest of the
world, in that you have a *vote* as to who gets to fuck the rest of the
world.

Well, didn't work that way last time...

They got their second choice.

I never chose Little Napolean and he wasn't on my alternate list either. Please stop assuming everyone in a given country actually agrees with what their government has done or is doing. This is the most distressing aspect of this thread: Debian is (supposed to be) a group of intelligent, like-minded individuals whose individual nationality or origin is largely irrelevent. There should be only 2 requirements for a conference: someone is willing to sponsor it, and enough people are willing to come to make it worthwhile. This idea that conference locations need to be vetted based on the politics of the host country is dangerous and stupid. What Debian is about has nothing to do with individual nations or their politics. We should be better than this.