Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Sun, 25 May 2003, Sven Luther wrote:

> > So let me get this straight.  Instead of a country where people are
> > occasionally subject to bureaucratic hassles, (assuming Russell and
> > Geordies' sources amount to anything more than innuendo which is not
> > clear.) you would rather go to a place where the immigration policy
> > consists of shooting people?
>
> And you do have proof of that claim, do you ? Or did you only gather
> that from a bunch of James Bond movies ?
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

I could swear there are more examples but a very quick google search only
turned up this[1] from 1993.  Perhaps now things have changed and now you
only get shot for staying _in_ Cuba[2].

[1] http://www.fiu.edu/~fcf/us.rips.cruelty.html

[2] http://www.guardian.co.uk/cuba/story/0,11983,944925,00.html

--