Re: debian-exim mailing list?

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 11:03:36PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > but on the other hand, there's alioth.debian.org which allows for easier
> > creation and maintenance of per-package mailing lists.
>
> we should generally decide to migrate (all) mailinglists, or only create new
> project mailinglists and not user support lists, or whatever.
>
> In fact I dont mind about which solution/decision is done, I just dont think
> it is a good idea to suddenly point people to alioth like it always existed,
> and it is the only reasonable way to go. There are quite a lot of reasons to
> not host a list on alioth. Most prominent the fact, that it is not visible
> on the mailinglist page. Cannot talk about the QOS.

lists.debian.org will run major lists of general interest.  Alioth is
very good for small projects, small lists and the like.  Any Debian
developer can set up lists and projects there.  If the project has
become large and a list at lists.debian.org is wanted, a move can be
discussed.

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi