Re: debian-exim mailing list?

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 11:36:23PM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > but on the other hand, there's alioth.debian.org which allows for easier
> > creation and maintenance of per-package mailing lists.
>
> we should generally decide to migrate (all) mailinglists, or only create
> new project mailinglists and not user support lists, or whatever.

I think it's impossible to say packages automatically don't "deserve" a list
on lists.d.o, but it would also be silly to set up 10000 lists, one (or
more!) for each package.

> I just dont think it is a good idea to suddenly point people to alioth
> like it always existed, and it is the only reasonable way to go.

And I suggested this... when? Let's not start with random accusations just
yet.

> There are quite a lot of reasons to not host a list on alioth. Most
> prominent the fact, that it is not visible on the mailinglist page.

That doesn't have to be, it's reasonably easy for me to add external lists
into lists.d.o lists (sic, heh).

> Cannot talk about the QOS.

Point. Gforge-managed Mailman, IIRC, but I didn't try.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.