Re: Generally accepted cut-off limit for -doc packages

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 10:20:29PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:
> > Wow, that's such a helpful comment, Branden.  You would have made an
> > excellent DPL, I'm sure[1].
>
> But... but... Branden was right!

Being right is poorly correlated with success, especially in politics,
where one is frequently better served by telling people what they want
to hear, and not actually dealing with difficult problems, since it is
often the case that a problem cannot be resolved without alienating or
angering some constituent group.

At the time I posted that message, I was conjecturing.[1]  It's a little
disappointing to find that I was closer to the mark than I thought.

[1] careful header analysis will bear this out, and is left as an
    exercise for the reader

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     engineering.  "Supernatural" is a