Re: Tag types - reorganizing all tags - task force

Hi,

"property" doesn't work, because the description is also a property, as
are the dependencies, the version number...
So the attached tags are a property, too.

We probably could use the term "quality":
1.    The condition of being of such and such a sort as
      distinguished from others; nature or character relatively
      considered, as of goods; character; sort; rank.

But:

Syn: Property; attribute; nature; peculiarity; character;
        sort; rank; disposition; temper.

I dislike using such a generic term. "Tag" kind of implies that someone
has attached them, so they are subjective. I like that.

property, attribute: too generic
nature: we're talking about "artificial" things, "nature" has some weird
  sound here... it has unappropriate other meanings.
peculiarity, character: too "individualistic"
sort, rank: bad because of "sorting" - we don't have a complete order
disposition probably the same.
temper: sounds like they would modify not describe the package.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.   //\