Re: Debian Calendar Files

Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Since I maintain both documents, I already tried.  If you can tell me
> > the date on which Bruce took over leadership from Ian Murdock, I'd be
> > glad to add.  My own investigation didn't reveal a particular date
> > other than "sometimes in April 1996".
>
> Perhaps you just pick the first of the month and say:
>
>   Apr 1  Bruce Perens became project leader during this month, 1996

I don't like adding random dates.  Please somebody show me the proof
that Bruce started on April 1st.

Whoever packages the files is, of course, free to add dates.

>   Dec 11  A CDROM manufacturer mistakenly labelled an unreleased version as Debian 1.0, 1995
>
> But that is so long.  Perhaps this works.  Taking literary license by
> using today's testing name which I don't think exited then.
>
>   Dec 11  A CDROM manufacturer mistakenly shipped 'testing' as Debian 1.0, 1995

a) why not name the distributor
b) it was not testing, hence it would be wrong.
c) Dec 11th is the date of the announcement not of the shipping, hence it would be wrong.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Have you ever noticed that "General Public Licence" contains the word "Pub"?