Re: Debian Calendar Files

Martin Schulze wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >   http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-leaders.html
>
> Since I maintain both documents, I already tried.  If you can tell me
> the date on which Bruce took over leadership from Ian Murdock, I'd be
> glad to add.  My own investigation didn't reveal a particular date
> other than "sometimes in April 1996".

Perhaps you just pick the first of the month and say:

  Apr 1  Bruce Perens became project leader during this month, 1996

> > Under the "Debian releases" area I believe the text of the Infomagic
> > message is too harsh.  Debian should not be vindictive.  I think that
> > should eliminated.  It was not a real Debian release.  At the very
> > least it should be softened to be factual only.  Perhaps the prose
> > from this reference could be a guide.
> >
> >   http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-detailed.html
>
> So what text are you proposing instead?

Literally this:

  Dec 11  A CDROM manufacturer mistakenly labelled an unreleased version as Debian 1.0, 1995

But that is so long.  Perhaps this works.  Taking literary license by
using today's testing name which I don't think exited then.

  Dec 11  A CDROM manufacturer mistakenly shipped 'testing' as Debian 1.0, 1995

Bob