Re: /run/, resolvconf and read-only root

On May 05, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> wrote:

 >You are solving, from my point-of-view, a non-problem.  And you are
 >doing that by creating another directory in every installation of
 >Debian, not just those which need /run.
Agreed. If /run is needed, I think it can be easily confined in its own
package providing the directory, the init script needed to mount ramfs
on it and the symlinks from /etc/mtab, /etc/nologin and such.
I think that the /run proponents should first try this, and they will
discover that with much less work and definitely much less disagremeent
it will fix most of their problems.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [829 caZyPgPZIHX7c]