Re: fixed libstdc++5 package

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> A fixed libstdc++ package (0pre7) has been uploaded to incoming. You
> can get it from
>
> 	http://ftp-master.debian.org/~doko/gcc-3.3/

i've asked in the bug report i filed against the broken libstdc++ and
previously on the debian-gcc mailing list but i still haven't received
an answer, so i'll ask again:

what is the rationale behind not having gcc 3.2.3 build libstdc++5 and
instead using the version from 3.3pre0? this give me on my system:

ii  libstdc++5     3.3-0pre7      The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libstdc++5-dev 3.2.3-1        The GNU Standard C++ Library v3 (development

shouldn't everything be consistent (the development package and the
library)? can somebody please explain why this decision was made?
thanks.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |