Re: debian.org machine with pbuilder/debootstrap?

On Apr 30, Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org) wrote:
 > Neil Roeth wrote:
 > > On Apr 28, Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org) wrote:
 > >  > Hamish Moffatt wrote:
 > >  > > Many have chroots but don't tend to have the relevant build-deps
 > >  > > installed.
 > >  > You can always send a mail into the direction of
 > >  > debian-admin@lists.debian.org and ask for the packages which are missing.
 > >  > You don't have to, but it's a common way to get things installed.
 > >    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > > What's the alternative?
 >
 > Ask the wall in front of you.
 >
 > That was hidden sarcasm...
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > 	Joey

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Now, maybe someone else can give me a
useful answer.  Let me rephrase the question:

AFAIK, I cannot install packages on a d.o machine to satisfy build
dependencies, because I don't have root permission.  pbuilder with appropriate
sudo permissions for all DDs would suffice, but it is usually not installed.
So, is there any alternative for installing packages to satisfy build-deps
other than sending email to debian-admin?

If I'm being dense and the answer is obvious, I'm comfortable being told I'm
dense, as long I'm also told the obvious answer.  If the answer is "no", I'd
also like to hear someone just say so.

Thanks.

--
Neil Roeth