Re: /run/, resolvconf and read-only root

Whether we end up with "/run/, resolvconf and read-only root"
depends a lot on whether the maintainers of the affected packages
support the project.  So far the response has not been positive.
Here is a quick summary for the packages that were on my TODO list.

Creating /run/
  base-files     Change policy first
  pam            Not convinced; wait and see
  login          Perhaps; change policy first
  sysvinit       (no reply)
  util-linux     (no reply)

Implementing variable resolver configuration
  pump           OK
  ppp            (no reply)
  pppconfig      (no reply)
  ifupdown       Don't bother me