Re: libmysqlclient12 is GPL *not* LGPL

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 08:01, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> libdbd-mysql-perl (bug #189164)

I personally think that bug was wrong; unfortunately, it appears I
failed to cc my reasoning to the bug :-(

See <1050883365.32589.80.camel@bohr> on debian-legal.

In particular, we need to come up with a consistent answer to what we
consider linking in violation of the GPL. If we take a very broad view
that if program A receives functionality from program B that is linking,
which seems to be the argument for this bug, then we've got some serious
problems with an interpreter named bash --- or rather, a lot of scripts
which use it.

Please follow up on debian-legal, where this discussion belongs.