Re: libmysqlclient12 is GPL *not* LGPL

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:01:58PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Hello,
> I send this first here to doublecheck that I do not make a complete
> ass out of myself ;-)
>
> You might not have noticed but libmysqlclient12 from MySQL 4 is
> licensed GPL, i.e. you have got problems when linking against non-GPL
> software at the same time. The LGPLed libmysqlclient10 and
> libmysqlclient10-dev from MySQL 3 have been resurrected by
> Steve Langasek.
>
> Afaict at least the following packages seem to need changes because
> they Build-Depends on either libmysqlclient-dev or libmysqlclient12-dev
> together with libssl-dev and produce a package that depends on
> libmysqlclient* and libssl*

I'm sure you alrady saw this, but

So packages _have_to_ build-depend on libssl* if they build-depend on
libmysqlclient-dev since depends are _broken_ in libmysqlclient-dev!!

Isn't there are a way of making MySQL not use OpenSSL?

Anyway, this is preventing MySQL Control Center from enterring Debian :(

- Adam