Re: Work-needing packages report for Apr 11, 2003

(Sorry for taking so long to get back)

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 19:18, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Er, the SBLive and its Creative brethren do, don't they?  At least, I'm
> presuming that's what "sound fonts" are for.  Has it been removed in
> later versions of the card?

If it's there, I can't find it on my current one (which I bought about a
month ago).

Anyway, most[1] motherboards these days seem to come with an onboard
DSP, but no MIDI.  Most people don't bother to buy a "real" sound card
when they've already got one built in, as long as it works with Linux.
Me, I bought my SBLive cause the one on my motherboard didn't want to
work with Linux.

[1] - Yes, I know I really should say "most x86 motherboards", but I
stopped to think, and most of the other architectures I've ever played
with (PowerPC, Alpha, Sparc) had built in sound too, and no MIDI . . .

--
The more I use other operating systems, the more I like Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.debian.org      http://www.gnu.org      http://www.linux.org