Re: New OpenLDAP 2.1 preview

Hi,

Fairly late to get into this discussion but I'll air my thoughts anyway.

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 08:39:53PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:57, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > A first trial in getting ready-to-install OpenLDAP 2.1 packages ready
> > can be found on
<...>

> Also what is the difference between 2.0 and 2.1 apart from BDB?  What benefits
> does BDB offer?

Actually I have run into issues with 2.1+BDB on a SuSE system, on reiserfs.
And more people have, apparently, to the point where they have documented
how to reconfigure to use ldbm:
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/rsimai_slox_ldap.html

So I'd suggest significant testing on Debian, to see whether it is a general
problem with bdb & those filesystems or SuSE specific, and stick to ldbm by
as the default until we're sure it is no problem with us.

Regards,

Filip

--
If Windows is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.