Re: New OpenLDAP 2.1 preview

Fairly late to get into this discussion but I'll air my thoughts anyway.

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 08:39:53PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:57, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > A first trial in getting ready-to-install OpenLDAP 2.1 packages ready
> > can be found on
> Also what is the difference between 2.0 and 2.1 apart from BDB?  What benefits
> does BDB offer?

Actually I have run into issues with 2.1+BDB on a SuSE system, on reiserfs.
And more people have, apparently, to the point where they have documented
how to reconfigure to use ldbm:

So I'd suggest significant testing on Debian, to see whether it is a general
problem with bdb & those filesystems or SuSE specific, and stick to ldbm by
as the default until we're sure it is no problem with us.

If Windows is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.