Re: Problem creating package

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 03:26:33AM +0200, Angel Sancho wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First, sorry for my poor english!
>
> Well, I am learning how to make debian packages but I have a problem.. when I
> install the package, dpkg don't copy the binary in /usr/bin/
> All the rest goes perfectly, docs, etc. I tried to build the package without
> root using -rfakeroot and with root, but it don't run in either of them.
>
> On the other hand, when I build the package with dpkg-buildpackage all goes
> well, an the binary is installed in debian/tmp/usr/bin

You're using a debhelper version that doesn't want things installed at
debian/tmp, but at debian/packagename. That's all. Anyway, your Makefile
doesn't make much sense. The "clean" target is doing the job of an
"uninstall" target.

Please, refer to debian-mentors@lists.debian.org. That list is there to
help prospective maintainers.