Re: Packages with NEWS.gz and no changelog.gz

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 12:10:18PM +0200, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Should I file a mass bug report about this problem (on my system, 59 out
> of 2340 installed packages have a NEWS.gz but no changelog.gz) ?
>
> Would it make sense to include a warning in lintian about this kind of
> problem ?

I think that if Lintian doesn't have a warning for it already,
then one should be added, and mass bugreporting shouldn't be
done until this warning has had a while (several months) to
sink in.

Lintian was designed to handle this kind of large-scale minor bug :)

Also, if the warning is added, this will automatically create
a page on lintian.debian.org that lists the packages affected,
and separate bugreports in the BTS would then just duplicate
that information.

Richard Braakman