Re: should I orphan linux-wlan-ng?

David Z Maze wrote:
> I'm actually somewhat curious to hear how apt-src changes the world in
> this case.  My impression when it first came up was that it was
> intended to people who run "stable with one unstable package" to track
> the source for that package without having sid in their APT sources.
> Would you use apt-src to get source for all of the kernel modules you
> care about under $MODULE_LOC, and then use kernel-package as normal?

You can do that, or you can tell apt-src where your kernel source is and
if the module package supports apt-src natively (ie, linux-wlan-ng), you
can use apt-src -b upgrade to rebuild debs of the modules anytime a new
version is released. Or you can do some mixture of both.

> Also, does approach make it easier or harder to come up with binary
> modules for all of the Debian stock kernels?

Unfortunatly it doesn't really help.

--
see shy jo