Re: [desktop] Improving "user-friendly" in some console applications

Quoting Don Armstrong (don@donarmstrong.com):

> As far as making it the default, Thomas has (apparently) decided not
> to, and I agree. I routinely use less to look at raw gzip files and
> other odd files, and I suppose others do also.

I'd make it default.
I use less to view the content or archives or gzipped files more often
than viewing raw contents of files. And for that I have less -L (ignores
LESSOPEN). And I have aliassed that ;)  lessl does raw :)

By the way, setting LESSOPEN and LESSCLOSE env.vars. in Debian is as
easy as typing eval `lesspipe` on the shell.

My 2ct ;)

Sander.