Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

>> On 17 Mar 2003 07:49:22 +0100,
>> Thomas Hood <jdthood0@yahoo.co.uk> said:

 > On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 05:38, Steve Langasek wrote:
 >> Providing such a guarantee is the point of standardizing on /run
 >> (and leaving the implementation details -- physical vs. in-memory
 >> -- to the local admin).

 > If a consensus is emerging that /run is needed, what's the next
 > step?  Amending policy to allow for the directory (currently
 > forbidden by FHS)?

	No, getting a working implementation going and ironing out
 the kinks, _then_ amending policy after we get things working
 satisfactorily. Policy merely documents current practice; packages
 at the bleeding edge can (and should) get ahead of policy while
 current practice is being moulded.

	manoj
--
"He goes on about the wailing and gnashing of teeth.  It comes in one
verse after another, and it is quite manifest to the reader that there