Re: Can linux handle many files on directories?

In article <[🔎] 87u1egnn07.fsf@ceramic.fifi.org>, Philippe Troin wrote:
> Andreas Happe <andreashappe@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> why? there is htree support in ext2/3 which should make handling of
>> large amounts of file a lot easier/faster.
>
> That's only in 2.5.

there were plenty of patches for the 2.4 - kernel tree, dunno know if
any got merged... e2fsutils supports it, so I thought it was already
merged.

> And I've heard there's still some rough edges with NFS.

Yeah, but I think that should be irrelevant in that case, the other
problem (well, ok, let's call it memory leak) should be solved.

> Phil.

Andreas
--
...the moral of the story might be to never engage in copyright
violation unless you have an unstable friend with several thousand